Page Two !!

Monday, September 14, 2009

Fame. At last....

Role out the red carpet, here she comes! The Famous Telegraph competition participant!!

I'm famous! Ha-ha... well, moderately, anyway. It was only 2nd place. So I can't get too carried away. But its fame, and I'm excited about it!

There is a weekly photographic competition, held on Flickr, but run by The Telegraph UK. They have different themes, this last week it was 'Buildings'. I submitted my photo of the Durban skyscrapers. And I came 2nd! And the blog I wrote about the photo was mentioned too!
Kate Day, the journalist who runs the competition, had some very nice comments to make about the photo. I'm thrilled!!

The link to the Daily Telegraph page: Photo competition: buildings

Barbed high rise
Durban city skyscraper, with barbed wire.

Its so great to be recognised for having done something good, even if it is a little weekly competition. For a complete stranger to acknowledge my photo, and see something in it, is quite fantastic. Kate Day's comments about the photo and the blog are very interesting as well.

Another member of the camera club I belong to, Allan Jackson, has also had a photo or two be featured in this competition, so the Hillcrest Camera Club is doing well to gain international recognition!

Of course, now the challenge is on to the rest of you. Lets see how many other Hillcrest Camera Club members, or fellow Durbanites can get their photos featured in international competitions like the Telegraph's.

See you on the red carpet!


No comments:

Post a Comment